Monday 21 April 2014

Story 29: A first, and last, Ride the Night training cycle with Gemma

It's been a gloriously sunny Easter Weekend in my neck of the woods. My daughter Gemma couldn't have chosen a better weekend for a visit home and we couldn't have had a better weekend for our first (and probably last) cycle together before we take part in the 100km Women V Cancer Ride the Night event at the end of May.

Gemma's, em, a bit behind in her training as she's busy with many other things, but she's as determined as I am to manage the 100km and I have absolutely no doubt that she'll rise to the challenge.



I'm delighted to report that I coped OK with the toe-clips and managed not to fall off (it's early days though...) We all thoroughly enjoyed our 22 mile cycle and our bit of Jam Jar breakfast thrown in for good measure.

The next time Gemma and I cycle alongside each other will probably be on the 31st of May when we head off from Windsor Race Course into the night to ride 100km round London with 2000 other women. It'll be an incredible tour de force against cancer and it'll be brilliant to be part of it with my daughter by my side.

All we need to do now is get more cycling in so that we're fit enough to meet the challenge. Me up here in Scotland and Gemma down south in London.

Geographically apart but determined together.


No comments:

Post a Comment