Saturday 3 August 2013

Story 4: The search for a not-so-sore saddle begins

After telling Kenny (of Rock & Road Cycles) by text that I'd wallop him if he told me one more time to toughen up, he couldn't have been more helpful when I went back to see him yesterday. We tried a couple of different saddles in the shop, but it's kind of hard to tell which one's the best till I'm sat on them for any length of time on the road. So, Kenny very kindly gave me a few saddles to try at home.

First one I'm going to try is this:



My first reaction to this was, 'Are you having a laugh Kenny?! Apart from not being funky green and white, it doesn't look any different from this one!!':


But, Kenny assures me that although all of the saddles he's given me to try might look the same, they're subtly and ergonomically very different! And, I'll not really know which one's the best for me till I get out on the road and try them out. So, that's what I'll be doing, hopefully very soon. Just maybe need one more day for my nippy bits to recover from Wednesday's cycle back from the bike shop...


No comments:

Post a Comment