Sunday 6 July 2014

Story 37: Keeping it local

I'd wondered if my first few cycles after last weekend's exploits in Arran would feel like a bit of an anti-climax. Nope. I've had yet another weekend of good fun in the saddle during two 'keeping it local' rides.

Yesterday we clocked up 34 miles. We cycled from Stirling to Falkirk, stopped for coffee and cake with the Kelpies, then cycled a different way back again. If you're interested, the stats are here on Map My Ride



We came home and settled down to watch the Tour de France. It would've been great to be in Yorkshire joining the thousands of other folk who lined the steets to cheer those superb cyclists on, but instead we made the most of it and simply brought the Tour to our garden...



Then this morning we clocked up 25 miles and conquered a local hill in the process. Again, the stats are on Map My Ride but this clever little app can't quite manage to capture my thoughts. I'm sticking to my wee video bletherings for that... 




No comments:

Post a Comment