Monday 4 April 2016

Two muddy days in a row

At last, I made it out on my bike for two days in a row for the first time this year. Hooray! Even though they weren't the longest of rides, I found them both quite tough.

Saturday's cycle was a really short one (8 miles round trip to the next village from ours for a pint) and Sunday's was just a wee bit longer (22 miles round trip from Callander to Mhor 84 for a coffee and scone) but they both involved a fair bit of rain and mud. And pedalling though the mud - especially when it's uphill and especially when you're on a hybrid with not-so-serious-grip - makes for a fair old work-out! The pint/coffee/scone were essential for keeping the energy levels up...

I might not have cycled very far, but I do feel like I managed a fair bit of training. And, I did have a fair bit of fun in the mud along the way...



No comments:

Post a Comment